Thursday 26 September 2013

It didn't fly away

For those of you who have been following my blog (there is at least one of you out there....isn't there??) a few weeks ago you may have seen a purple (that colour again!) half finished butterfly card on my desk (WOYWW) so rather than throw it away (which had been my intention) and after some lovely comments, I decided to have another look at it and decided it wasn't that bad after all. So I added a bit more colour (purple of course), then as I had used a standard dye base ink rather than my beloved distress inks, the blending wasn't that good so to disguise it add an extra dimension I spritz it with water to remove some of the colour.





The grungy corners are from Sheena Douglass, the square in the middle is from the same stamp plate and should also be a corner but I decided to make it into a square frame. The butterfly and swirl are both from Kaisercraft.

The butterfly was actually a leftover from a project I did in July:



Bye for now

Donna x



3 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, you are definitely too hard on yourself about cards that aren't good enough! I've never seen a duff one yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you took a second look at the purple card! I think it turned out fabulous. Really beautiful exploding box. Love the butterflies. Is it a die or stamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia, the butterfly is from a clear stamp set from Kaisercraft, thanks for the lovely comment, Donna x

      Delete